All paintings: ©Ronald Mann, acrylic on canvas, dimensions in inches
Ronald Mann (b. 1943)
Art by Ronald Mann
Art Type or Medium: Painting
Viewable: by appointment
Secular or Religious: Secular with Religious aspects
Ronald Mann is a self-taught Vietnam veteran artist. His wife Ricki was an amateur painter, and after returning from the war with un-diganosed PTSD, Ron started to make paintings using her leftover materials.
Ron had no background or training in art, and remains uninterested in art history or the contemporary artworld. A form of self-therapy, every painting addresses specific memories and emotions that range from combat recollections, the personal traumas of friends and family, to broad historical events such as the Oklahoma City bombing, famine in Africa, or the American Civil War.
The paintings are personal dressings for emotional wounds, and none are offered for sale.
- Art Environments - Midwest | Photos by Fred Scruton
- News & Events: Ron Mann Video to be Screened at Outsider Fair
- News & Events: Ronald Mann in Raw Vision Magazine
- News & Events: The Art of Resistance: Veterans Respond Visually to War – Exhibition
- News & Events: Article on Ron Mann in The Flint Journal